Entity framework is now quite old ADO.NET approach and peoples uses this almost in every projects. I have made consolidated list of all frequently asked entity framework interview questions and generally useful for junior and senior developers.
- What is ORM?
- Which ORM did you used? Any other ORM’s do you Know?
- What is Entity Framework?a
- What are advantages of EF over traditional ADO.NET?
- What is Model First, Database First and Code First Approach in Entity Framework?
- Explain Code First Approach?
- What is Repository Pattern?
- What is Unit of Work? Have you used before?
- Which one is better among three?
- What is LINQ to SQL?
- What is difference between LINQ to SQL and Entity Framework?
- What is EDMX File?
- What is CSDL, SSDL and MSL sections in an EDMX file?
- What is Eager Loading, Lazy Loading and Explicit Loading in Entity Framework?
- What is Complex Type object?
- What is the difference between DbContext and ObjectContext?
- What are Navigation Properties in Entity Framework?
- How will you enhance the performance of Entity Framework?
- How will you do transaction management using Entity framework
- What is Entity Framework Core?
Apart from this architects also advocate use of nHybernate and Dapper.NET which are comparatively alternatives to Entity Framework. I my personal opinion dapper is the fastest ORM I have observed(but this doesn’t mean it’s better than Entity Framework) and I will discuss more on this in my upcoming posts.
I hope these questions helps you prepare your Entity Framework Interviews. I wish all the best for your interviews.